Draca Wards Saga

Draca Wards Saga

Friday, December 7, 2012

My dragon is not happy with me

As I rummage through a box of knick-knacks from my old office at work, I pull out the beautiful blue dragon that Hubby got for me in Brazil. I smile as I hold it up to the light, and immediately realize I am in trouble.

The ice dragon is not used to tumbling about in a dark box with junk. She is accustomed to being admired, perched high on a file cabinet where co-workers would drop by and compliment her. Now a bit of polish is scraped off the tip of one of her horns. Blood-red eyes glower through angry slits at me.

“I am sorry,” I say to her.

No reaction from the dragon. But I get her message loud and clear.

You call yourself a dragon lover. You are unworthy of a Beanie Dragon!

I carry her downstairs to my new work area. “Look, I have no office anymore. There is no place to put you that is out of reach of the kids.”

The dragon just stares.

“Fine, how can I redeem myself?”

I want you to show me off again.

I think about it for a moment. “How about I post a picture of you on my blog?”

Pssshhht! Nobody reads your blog! Don’t do me any favors.

“Well it’s all I have, so take it or leave it!”

Sometimes you have to be firm with dragons. She’s a little less peeved now. Here she is:




And headshot:


B.

No comments:

Post a Comment