Draca Wards Saga

Draca Wards Saga

Thursday, April 7, 2011

She loved it!

When you are a new, unproven author like me, it is almost as hard to find someone to review your book as it is to find a publisher or agent. I sent queries out to quite a few bloggers who review books, but never received a response. But one blogger actually found me, and I am so glad she did!

The Book Angel, author of Fay-Bay's Books, sent me a message stating how interested she was in my book after reading the sample chapter. I cannot explain how it feels to have a stranger contact you to compliment your work. And if you visit her blog, you can see that this girl reads. A lot! And as a YA reader, this was the kind of blogger I wanted to review my book. Even if the review was not so great, she would be able to give me some valuable feedback on the story.

It was a dream come true to find out how much she liked it. She even placed the review on Goodreads! I considered pasting her review here, but I am going to put her link instead. Please visit her site!

http://faybaysbooks.blogspot.com/2011/04/familiar-origins-by-b-pine.html










B.

5 comments:

  1. Wow, I feel so honored that you mentioned me in a blog post. And I can't believe I didn't see it until now. I have to reiterate how much I LOVED Familiar Origins. It's honestly the first time I came across a book that I loved so much and had so many wonderful ideas pop into my head while reading it and being able to picture everything so beautifully while reading such an amazing story! It's written beautifully! I can see SO many possibilities for the Draca Wards Saga if it gets into the right person's hand because the story you have created is incredible! I honestly can't wait till the next book comes out. I'm excited! ha ha. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to read and review it! I loved every minute of it : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! This is wonderful news! And with such a great recommendation, I will check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Halli. I hope you like the story. Spread the word! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! I'd be more than glad to do a book review for you. It might be a few weeks, but I'm always happy to help a newbie out. We newbies need to stick together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shelly, I would love that! Give me a few days and I can contact you and talk more about it. Thank you bunches!

    ReplyDelete