Draca Wards Saga

Draca Wards Saga

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Spring? Is that you?

If you live just about anywhere in the United States, you are probably sick of this crazy winter by now. There have been a few nice warm days here, but they have only been teasers. Luckily, I have not seen snow this month. But I know many people who have.

Yesterday I went to get my mail and I discovered a few of my irises have bloomed! There they were, peeking out of the dead leaves from last fall. They are tiny little things, but seeing them changed my entire frame of mind, and now I am thinking about seedlings and planting and tulips and writing outdoors. Those flowers really cheered me up! So I wanted to share them with everyone, as a message that the snows and freezing rains won't last much longer. Springtime is coming, one tiny blue flower at a time :)

1 comment:

  1. Love the pictures! : ) I love going to my mom's house and seeing the flowers coming up through all the dead leaves and grass. It gives me hope through these crazy last few days, that soon I can go camping, and feel the sun, and be outside. I can't wait! Thank you for sharing this with everyone!! : )

    ReplyDelete